STOREMASTA’s Flammable Cabinets have a number of features that make them compliant with the requirements of AS1940-2017. These features include:
- Double walled sheet steel construction with a 40mm thermic air-barrier to provide insulation from heat. This allows time for people to escape or use firefighting equipment in the event of a fire.
- Inset doors to prevent the spread of flame and heat radiation.
- A liquid-tight compound in the base of the paint storage cabinet to contain flammable liquid spills.
- Perforated shelves to allow free air-movement within the cabinet. This enables flammable vapours to be extracted from the cabinet with mechanical ventilation systems.
- Sequential self-closing close-fitting doors that are held shut by catches at two points. This keeps the doors of the cabinet closed to minimise the spread of hazardous vapours and the risk of ignition in the event of a fire.
- Non-combustible construction to ensure that the cabinet won’t melt at temperatures less than 850 °C.
Browse our range of Flammable Liquids Storage Cabinets and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.