There are a number of construction requirements that are essential for class 5.1 storage cabinets to comply with the requirements of AS 4326:2008. These construction requirements include:
- Vent ports to allow the cabinet to be mechanically vented to the outside atmosphere.
- Perforated shelves to permit free air movement within the cabinet.
- A lower compound within the cabinet that is liquid tight, 150mm deep and has the capacity to contain at least 25% of the total storage capacity of the cabinet.
- Door catches and hinges that are not constructed from plastics or zinc die castings.
- Provided with doors that are self-closing, close-fitting and held shut by catches that release in the event of a build up of pressure within the cabinet.
Browse our range of oxidising agent storage products and feel free to contact one of our consultants if you require any advice on how to store oxidising agents. STOREMASTA dangerous goods consultants can be contacted on 1300 134 223 or email@example.com