There are a number of mandatory design specifications for organic peroxide storage cabinets to comply with the requirements of the Australian Standard AS 2714:2008. These design specifications include:
- The walls, floor and door of the cabinet must be constructed of double-walled steel with an air-gap of at least 40mm between the walls.
- The cabinet must be fitted with self-closing, close-fitting doors that automatic release if pressure builds up inside the cabinet.
- The cabinet must be fitted with metal catches and hinges.
- The inner base of the cabinet must be a liquid tight compound of at least 150mm deep to catch spills. This compound must be designed to prevent it from being used as a storage space.
- The cabinet shall be designed to ensure all spills within the cabinet are directed into the lower compound.
- Any shelves within the cabinet must be perforated to allow free air movement.
If you require any expert assistance with the storage of Class 5.2 Organic Peroxides, feel free to contact one of our consultants. STOREMASTA’s dangerous goods consultants can be reached on 1300 134 223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.